This is something I’ve been trailing the past few weeks. It’s not rocket science, and it’s not lifechanging., but it does make for a stronger start to a day.
– Do not reach for your phone the minute you wake and check Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This only scrambles a rested brain before you start the day.
– Get out of bed and make it. Simple, but powerful.
– Treat your body to 5 minutes of stretching. Throw down a towel or yoga mat and give it a try. I bet once your body starts to loosen you will want more.
– Have a cold shower. This one is a little brutal, but science shows benefit of cold exposure on the nervous system. Look at Wim Hof if you don’t believe me.
– Treat yourself to a cup of your finest coffee. Or a green juice if that’s your thing. Or a ginger tea. Take your time and appreciate something simple.
– List 5 things you are grateful for. Why? Because we are hard-wired to look for problems and negativity. Give yourself a chance to recognise something positive.
Why bother? Because the best investment you can make is in yourself, and the little things add up. Have a great day!