Seriously – where has this year gone! I remember writing a post this time last year, and it seems like last week. It’s crazy how certain things seem to make time stand still. Is it writing that is said to do that? Or kissing? I can never remember.
Anyway, what a year. For me not so much travel and adventure in the traditional sense of the word. But a hell of a lot of writing, editing, rewriting, rediting. And also learning, Lots of learning.
So on that theme, here’s a few thoughts:
ADVENTURES IN HAPPINESS – the story
I have invested more time in this project than I planned / knew I had in me / wanted to. Not that I regret it. But I have not known something to become so consuming in a long time. But that’s OK.
I was ready for a project more than I realised. Or maybe I just had a lot to learn. I now understand when I thought I was ‘done’, I was only just ‘beginning’. And I know understand that’s what happens when you combine a story of travel, personal change, and adventure.
Following lots of rejections from publishers and agents, and a chat with a guy I met who quit his long term job and, with family in tow, travelled the world for three years, I now understand self-publishing as a viable choice, and have been busy editing to suit.
There’s still more to do and more to learn, but I’m aiming for March 🙂
FROM 2017 INTO 2018
As 2017 wraps up and 2018 comes in, I start to think about what worked this year and what didn’t. Not in a serious kind of way. More of a recognising what had the most impact in a good way, kind of way.
- Like who inspired me the most. Who didn’t
- What did I do that worked. What didn’t.
- Where have I slipped up. Where have I made progress. What do I need to drop so I can pick something else up
- What did I enjoy. What didn’t i enjoy. Why?
As I say. Not serious. Just keeping a focus because life is short.
- Publish a book! I didn’t see that coming a few years ago. Then keep fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes crossed that I sell a few copies.
- Map out an idea I have for a second book (as if one wasn’t enough). I’m very keen to put into practive what I learnt writing this one and have a good idea for a project.
- Travel somewhere new.
- Explore some ideas for work.
Here’s the last video from three I recorded in December. Quite suprised with what I found. Positive habit forming made easy 🙂 Sorry my face is so huge. I blame instgram. Not my face.
Wishing a happy, healthy and fun loving 2018.
I’ll probably still be editing my book….but that’s OK. Becasue I really enjoy it……didn’t see that coming either.
But maybe that’s what happens when you create space in your life to try new things 🙂