I have been back in the UK just over 2 weeks now, and whilst its gone quick, it is definitely taking some re-adjustment.
I remember reading something once that said when you come back from any kind of travel it will be a shock (a holiday is bad enough!) but try to keep in mind how fortunate you are to have been able to experience it in the first place.
View this post on Instagram
17 weeks later….little bit lighter through #goodeating #training #goodhabits and a little bit #wiser (perhaps). Final day of my #adventure (for now!). #travel #kitesurf #kite #kitesurfing #goodlife #daretodream #daretobedifferent #followyourdreams #Portugal #vianadocastelo #freecamping
It has been great to see family and friends, and to catch up with what has been going on has been fun (except the hangovers!)
It is strange to have lived my life for 4 months and then try and explain it to people back home while trying to catch up on what’s been happening in their lives. I mean, how do you fit it all in in the space of a few drinks, or some food – you just can’t!
I am glad to have written this blog and filled a few A4 note pads with notes as I went along. I would like to try and wrap the whole journey up in a short story soon, but we’ll see…..I have 3 orders all ready, let me know if you want one 🙂 🙂 🙂
Anyway, I have done some quick reflections on my journey, and I’ve picked out a few key things that made me smile (now) looking back….
– Starting with an epic MOT failure, and then a leaking cylinder head 24 hours before my ferry was due to leave, saved by this product.
– 6000 miles, 2 blocked sinks, 1 broken bed, and 1 broken arm (seat).
– An unforgettable experience of a border crossing with a vehicle, no insurance, and 2 local Tangian fixers
– 2 highest mountains climbed.
View this post on Instagram
The feeling when you see the top so close is strong after 7 hours walking from 2000m to 4000m. Hardest thing I've done in a while. Wasn't sure I would make it at times but had a very good guide. #liveoffaxis #morocco #jbeltoubkal #trek #atlasmountains #campervan #chapter1 #travel
– Experiencing Ramadam in a 99% muslim country, and humbled by being asked to join a group of men breaking their fast.
– Moroccan medina’s and European cities.
– A quick camel trek in the desert, complete with shooting stars and scorpion stings.
– A 7 day detox.
– One campervan wedged in the centre of an old town in Portugal, like this but much worse.
– Bull running and family hospitality in Portugal.
– 3 parking tickets, 2 speeding fines, 1 wheel clamp!
– And finally, lots of amazing beaches, sunsets, bars,
…and cool people met….!
THANKS again to anyone who looked at, or commented on this blog and It really was appreciated.
If you’re interested, stay tuned for whats next.
Which is currently TBC….. 🙂