I feel like I should give Portugal the credit it deserves in terms of a place to travel. I spent longer there than expected, and just like I was in Spain and Morocco, was sorry to leave. I met a leader of a new political party (I think the party is called Freedom?) during my last few days there, and she asked me what I thought of Portugal.
I told her from my limited experience it felt like somewhere between Spain and Morocco in terms of how developed it is. She smiled and said, you’ve got it about right!
- The wild coast line, reminded me of somewhere between the west coast of Australia, and the west coast of Ireland.
- The ease, availability and quality of free camping. I spent 3 night on campsites over 6 ish weeks – this was incredible!
- The fish, and the general quality of the food
- The welcoming and friendly nature of the locals.
- The kitesurfing (Algarve, Guincho, Viana Do Castello)
- The cities and towns of Lisbon, Porto, Cascais and Viana
- The mountain ranges.
- Seeing some of the summer festivals.
- The kitesurfing lack of wind when it was supposed to be there, but thats the way it goes with kitesurfing
Next post, reflection on my journey, 1 week back!